Flower and Decoration Regulations
Effective July 2016
Artificial and fresh cut flowers are allowed at Roselawn Memorial Park. They will be left on the gravesite for the season as long as they are in an approved permanent vases unless they become unsightly.
Roselawn Memorial Park strives to ensure the safety of both visitors and our employees. The following rules and regulations have been established for this purpose and to help keep your Memorial Park beautiful.
1) For the safety of all in the park, no glass containers, statuary, ceramics, terra cotta, resin, exposed wires, toys or breakable items are permitted at any time. They will be removed and discarded.
2) Shepherds hooks are not allowed in the park, for safety reason during mowing season.
3) No coping, curbing, fencing, or borders of any kind. No rock, bark, or like materials are allowed on or around any grave, monuments, or markers. We will remove all existing landscaping in a time frame so that families of said landscaping can be notified.
4) No plantings are allowed anywhere in Roselawn, other than what is planted by the Roselawn staff.
5) Temporary markers are allowed for 45 days unless otherwise approved by the Roselawn office.
6) Evergreen grave blankets, half blankets, and grave pillows will be allowed from December 1 through February 15.
7) Roselawn Memorial Park will conduct a grounds clean up twice a year. Any grave decorations should be removed prior to these dates. Please do not place any flowers or decorations during this time frame. The clean up dates are:
March 1st through March 15th and November 1st through November 15th
8) Roselawn will typically remove all holiday decorations one week after holidays. Easter, Mothers day, Memorial Day, Fathers Day, 4th of July, and other public holidays.
9) Decorations for personal holidays such as Birthdays and Anniversaries will also be removed one week after event.
10) The only types of permanent vases permitted are bronze, granite, aluminum or zinc, which may be purchased at the office.
11) Roselawn is not responsible for theft or damage to any personal property or floral arrangements placed on or near interment rights or elsewhere in the park.
12) Please observe the speed limit of 10 miles per hour and do not drive or park on the grass.
13) Seasonal artificial floral arrangements and winter wreaths are available for sale at the Roselawn Memorial Park office.
14) Each grave may be decorated with one live or artificial floral arrangement.
15) Complete rules and regulations are available at the office at 924 S. 6th Street, Springfield, IL. or by calling the office at 217-525-1661.
Columbarium Flower and Decoration Regulations
Effective September 2016
The columbariums within Roselawn Memorial Park include all in the Parkview Cremation Garden, Garden of Memories, Evergreen South and North, Lincoln, and the Pet Cemetery.
1) Use approved vase for flowers, flowers may not exceed the niche front. Do not cover neighbor’s niche.
2) Do not hang anything from the vase, as it will cause damage to the granite and vase. You will be responsible for the repairs.
3) No tape, glue or other adhesive to attach anything to the granite.
4) Do not wedge or stick anything between the niches.
5) One decoration may be placed in the flower beds for holidays and special personal days and will remain for approximately 1 week.
6) Benches are not shelves; do not block the path to the benches with decorations.
7) Please be respectful in and around the columbaria.
A full set of rules and regulations can be found at the Roselawn Memorial Park administrative office.